1. Aston Wailea Resort, Wailea, Maui, February 24-28, 1997
2. John Schick and Chuck Berestecky learning the hula at our indoor luau (the weather was windy and cold!).
3. Dick & Jane Frank, Patty & Tailey Tung and Jane & Henry Mar at the laua.
4. Mount Haleakala and the Road to Hana are the big attractions. Some of us also went snorkelling at Molokini.
5. The Road to Hana is only 53 miles long, but with over 600 curves & 54 bridges it is a long, slow drive - but lots of fun.
6. Navigator Katherine Cheung and driver Roger Britt did the Road to Hana on Monday. First stop: the Black Sand Beach.
7. After Hana and many more tight turns we finally reached Ohe'O'Gulch and the Seven Sacred Pools.
8. From the pools we hiked up Pipiwai stream 2 miles to Waimoku Falls.
9. Along the way we passed through a very dense bamboo forest.
10. Waimoku Falls drops 400 feet down a sheer lava rock wall.
11. The proof that we made it to Waimoku Falls.
12. On Wednesday, Patty, Roger, Katherine, Jane, Efrain Guevara & Henry + cameraman Tailey ate at Buzz's Wharf.
13. Katherine enjoyed the rainbows in Maui.
14. John Needham, Efrain & Roger took a catamaran out to Molokini and had a great day snorkelling in a volcano.