1. Palm Springs Marquis, Palm Springs, November 16-20, 1998
2. View of Palm Springs from John Comb's hotel balcony
3. View of the Marquis from Greg Slingerland's room.
4. View of the hills out the front of the Marquis.
5. This is a Joshua Tree. Probably everyone drove up to Joshua Tree National Park. Pierre and Roger toured together.
6. Greg took these photos of the park. There were lots of interesting rock formations.
7. Rock climbing is permitted in the park.
8. Another view of rock climbers.
9. Joshua Trees grow well spaced out, not in bunches.
10. The rocks almost look fake.
11. Some local residents like the tourists.
12. Classic desert scene.
13. More rock piles.
14. Road going no where... fast!.
15. Pierre and Roger took a ride on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway.
16. It goes up San Jacinto Mountain to an altitude of 8516 feet.
17. The restaurant at the end of the Palm Springs Tramway.
18. The view of the desert and the city below is spectacular.
19. Gorgonio Mountain Pass in the San Bernadino Mountains contains more than 4000 separate windmills.