1. Adam's Mark Hotel, Charlotte, May 3-7, 2004
2. Adam's Mark up close.
3. Charlotte at sunrise.
4. Charlotte panorama. The pig pickin' party was held in the park across the street, just behind the pond.
5. Two views of the Hearst Tower. Steph, Greg & Roger enjoyed dinner in the courtyard at Luce's with the view on the right.
6. TR-41 Tuesday night Old-timers Reunion presentation (l-r) Steve Whitesell, Vic Boersma, Pete Bennett, Dick Frank & John Schick.
7. TR-41 Tuesday night Old-timers Reunion audience.
8. Pete gave a humorous & informative presentation covering the first 100 years of telephony, including how TR-41 began.
9. Dick solved the microphone feedback problem without a pun, but it looked pretty dumb!
10. TR-41 Chairs: Steve Whitesell (2000-present), Chuck Berestecky (1995-2000) and Vic Boersma (1984-1995).
11. Pete Bennett, EIA VP (?-?) [Started TR-41 in 1976], Eric Schimmel EIA/TIA VP (?-?) & Dan Bart TIA Senior VP (?-Present).
12. The TR-41 Old-timers and some Old-timer wannabes.
13. The Legend.
14. The Pig before the pickin', Wednesday evening.
15. Joanne McMillen, Avaya Inc., TR-41.4 Vice-Chair 2003-present & Stephanie Montgomery with a toast to the pig.
16. Stephanie, Senior Manager, TIA Standards Development & Promotion, 1994-present, is definitely up to something. Let's follow her.
17. Ah yes, satisfied customers Eric & Vic give all their retirement money to Stephanie (for the dinner, not her mortgage!).
18. Ineke & Vic Boersma, retired, TR-41 Chair 1984-1995.
19. Chuck Berestecky, retired, TR-41 Chair 1995-2000, TR-41.9 Chair X-1995.
20. Mel Hacker, retired, TR-41 Secretary X-Y & Pierre Adornato, retired, UPED Chair 1998-2001, TR-41.2 Chair 1995-2001.
21. Mel, Dick Frank, Pete & Eugene Strange, retired, TR-41.6 (Editing Subcommittee) Chair 1977-1991.
22. Sylvia & Ray Fuller, retired from AT&T Bell Labs in 1990, Active in TR41.9 & TSB31 (Part 68 Rationale & Measurement Guidelines).
23. Stephanie, George Lawrence, retired, ? & Pete.
24. Paul Madren, retired, TR-41.7 Chair 1984-1985.
25. Roy & ? Baker, retired, ?, and John & Nancy Schick.
26. Jay and Patty Farrell, retired, TR-41 Plenary, TR-41.1, TR-41.3, TR-41.4 Synchronization, TR-41.7 1980-1999.
27. Chuck & ? Tenorio, ?, ?.
28. David & Ruby Dulmage, Standards Council of Canada, TR-41.9 1986-1998 for Certelecom.
29. Pierre & Richard Hatherill, retired, TR-41.4 Vice-Chair, 2000-2002, Editor: TIA-912.
30. John Schick, retired, TR-41.1 Chair 1996-1998, Editor: TIA-464B-1996, TSB-81-1996, TSB-32-1990, TSB-32-A-1998 and Eugene.
31. John, Richard (Dick) Frank, Consultant to Dietrich Lockard Group, TR-41.1 Chair 1991-1996 & Mel. Nancy Schick & Jane Frank below.
32. John Bipes, Mobile Engineering, TR-41.9 1986-2001, ACTA OIP-Primary, 2001-Present. Official Pig Pickin' Photographer.
33. Dinner is served.
34. Steve Whitesell, VTech, TR-41 Chair 2000-Present, TR-41.3 Chair 1998-2000, TR-41.3 Vice-Chair 1993-1998.
35. Roger Britt, Nortel, TR-41 Vice-Chair 2000-Present, TR-41.3 Vice-Chair 1998-2000, Editor: TIA-810-A, TIA-912-A, TIA-920, TSB116.
36. Harry Van Zandt, ECS Technologies, TR-41 Secretary 2000-Present, TR-41.3 Vice-Chair 2000-Present, TR-41.3.9 Chair 200?-Present.
37. Tailey & Patty Tung, Siemens, TR-41.1 Chair 199?-Present, Editor TIA-464-C.
38. Bob Bell, Cisco, TR-41.4 Chair 1999-Present.
39. Randy Ivans, Underwriters Laboratories, TR-41.7 Chair 2000-Present, TR-41.7.1 Chair 1994-Present.
40. Greg Slingerland, Mitel, TR-41.9 Chair 2004-Present, TR-41.9.2 Chair 2002-Present, TR-41.11 Chair 1999-2003. OPP Photographer.
41. Al Baum, Uniden, TR-41.3.10 Chair 2004-Present.
42. Tim Lawler, Cisco Systems, TR41.9 1998-2004, TR41.11 1999-2003.
43. Trone Bishop, Verizon.
44. Al Martin, Tyco Electronics, Editor TSB-31-C.
45. Joachim Pomy, Tenovis, Germany, ETSI Liaison 1998-Present, TR-41.4 Secretary 2003-Present.
46. Berndt Martenson, ITS, ETSI Access & Terminals WG Analogue Chair, Editor TBR 21.
47. Dave Vandermeiden, Siemens, Editor TIA-811-A, & Peter Blatherwick, Mitel, Editor TIA-1057.
48. Steph & the two beer Allen Woo, Plantronics, Chair TR-41.3.11 2004-Present.
49. Amar Ray, Sprint.
50. Group shot.
51. Richard & Kathy Hatherill, Tom Harley, Steve Kropp, Amar Ray, Dave Stenner, Joanne McMillen, Dave, Peter, Kirit Patel, Bob Bell.
52. Group shot.
53. The Industry Canada 41.9 Beer Drinking Team: Matthew Mulvihill, Claude Beaudoin & Efrain Guevara.
54. Time Lapse: CJ McMillen putting a dent in the Sam Adams. Is she having fun yet? Kirit Patel, Cisco. What's he doing to her?
55. On Sunday Efrain, Greg, Joachim & Roger visited Chimney Rock, about 100 miles west of Charlotte.
56. Roger, Joachim & Efrain in the 198 foot tunnel leading to the 26 storey elevator.
57. Joachim, Efrain & Greg atop Chimney Rock.
58. Roger, Efrain & Joachim with Lake Lure in the background.
59. Roger vs. Flag. Flag wins first round, but Roger dominates the second round. Official Chimney Rock Photographer.
60. Chimney Rock is 315 feet tall & 2280 feet above sea level.
61. Efrain, Joachim & Greg in the Opera Box behind Chimney Rock.
62. Efrain, Joachim & Roger in the Opera Box.
63. Efrain & Joachim on the trail to Hickory Nut Falls.
64. Trailblazer Greg finds Hickory Nut Falls first. Official Chimney Rock Photographer.
65. Greg does the trick shot on the mini falls above Hickory Nut Falls, but slips a second later, damaging his knee.
66. With Greg hobbling, we make to Inspiration Point for the big picture.
67. Hickory Nut Falls is 404 feet high. It showered on & off all morning, but the mist cleared away just in time.
68. A couple of cool cats. You won't believe what's trapped between them!
69. This is Groundhog Slide. It & Hickory Nut Falls were used for "The Last of the Mohicans" motion picture.
70. The Skyline Trail to the falls & the Cliff Trail back were 1.5 miles. It felt like 15 miles to Greg. Otherwise we had a great time.