1. Hamilton Crowne Plaza, Washington, August 9-13, 2004
2. Hamilton Crowne Plaza. Photos 2-6,8,10-31 by Greg Slingerland
3. Hamilton Crowne Plaza lobby.
4. Membership has its privileges, like no WLAN for the TR-41 groups that met here because T1E1 had all the hotel meeting rooms!
5. The Almas Temple was located directly behind the Crowne Plaza, i.e., slightly closer to Capital City Brewery :)
6. 41.9er's Rafi Rahamim, Tailey Tung, Anh Wride (ex TR41.9 chair), Steve Whitesell, Tim Lawler, Greg Slingerland & Efrain Guevara.
7. The big picture to remind us of how much walking we did.
8. On the way into Reagan: Lincoln Memorial, Reflecting Pool, WWII Memorial, Washington Monument, National Mall & the Capital.
09. Our favourite airport/Metro station: DCA - Reagan Washington National Airport.
10. Washington Monument. Roger Britt & Joachim Pomy at the bottom and the moon at the top (unretouched photo, honest!).
11. View up the side of Washington Monument. Greg Slingerland & Joachim at the bottom. The view was fabulous, but crowded at top!
12. Panoramic view west from top of Washington Monument including Lincoln Memorial, Reflecting Pool & WWII Memorial.
13. Panoramic view south from top of Washington Monument including FCC Portals, Jefferson Memorial & Reagan National Airport.
14. Panoramic view east from top of Washington Monument - Museum of American History, National Mall, Smithsonian & the Capital.
15. Panoramic view north from top of Washington Monument including the Ellipse, the White House & Museum of American History.
16. View of White House & the front lawn from the Monument. The National Christmas Tree, planted by Jimmy Carter, is in foreground.
17. Close up of White House and fountain from the street in front (see previous slide).
18. Lincoln Memorial from inside WWII Memorial & looking along the Reflecting Pool. Bird's eye view from Washington Monument.
19. Roger on steps of Lincoln Memorial with the non-Reflecting Pool & the Leaning Tower of Washington :-) Too breezy for reflection :-(
20. Cool shot of people reading names at Vietnam Memorial as seen in the reflection of the Memorial itself.
21. The reflection theme continues with Roger caught in a sliced rock in the courtyard of the National Geographic Society building.
22. There are lots of other interesting buildings, such as the Treasury Building with its stately columns, just east of the White House.
23. Roger & Joachim in front of Museum of American History, where we went to see "America on the Move".
24. Roger & Joachim in front of Ps-4 class steam locomotive No. 1401, 1926. It pulled Roosevelt's funeral train.
25. Real American History: Edith & Archie Bunker's chairs from the popular TV show "All In The Family" (1971 to 1979).
26. Washington Monument in the evening taken from the Ellipse. The Jefferson Memorial is also visible.
27. Front of Archives building at night.
28. United States Capital dome at night across its reflecting pool.
29. Close up of Capital dome.
30. Greg Slingerland(Mitel), Xiaoming Feng(Avaya), Frank DeNuzzo(Timco Eng), Gretchen Torres(Timco Eng), Steve Higa(Verifone).
31. View from Capital hill at night down the National Mall towards Washington Monument & Lincoln Memorial (over 2 miles away).
32. Been there - walked that.