1. Embassy Suites Hotel Las Vegas, Las Vegas, November 6-10, 2006
2. Embassy Suites Hotel Las Vegas. No changes since Feb 2005. Photos 2 to 32 by Roger Britt
3. Roger went to the SEMA and AAPEX car shows the week before the TR41 meeting.
4. The Lotus Elise is a fun car with (in this case) some unusual graphics.
5. Your tax $s at work. A Homeland Security custom truck. On the top, that is what you think it is!
6. The 2009 Camaro. I had 1978 Camaro, so given the 1000's of cars at the show, now you know why you are looking at a Camaro.
7. Of course Overhaulin' was there. Didn't see Chip, but who cares when the lovely AJ is on the set?
8. I waited almost an hour to meet my magician hero, Criss Angel. Got his autograph. There was MindFreak Hummer at the booth.
9. With Planet Hollywood taking over the Aladdin, Criss moved to the Luxor for season three. Had to check it out, just in case...
10. Down the street at the Sahara, GM had a test track. Two rides for $10. I tried a C6 Corvette and an H2 Hummer.
11. The off-road course was a lot of fun. The road course was over in a flash, because...
12. ...it's just a parking lot at the north end of the monorail line. Shot from the Stratosphere Tower.
13. At 1,149', the Stratosphere is the tallest freestanding observation tower in the US. Big Shot: 921-1,081', 4 G's up, neg G's down!
14. Insanity - The Ride consists of an arm that extends out 64' over the edge of the Tower & will spin passengers at up to 3 G's.
15. X Scream is an open vehicle that propels riders head-first, 27' over the edge & then shakes them up and down!
16. A view down the Strip from 810' up. There is no doubt from up here that LV is in a desert valley.
17. Last time we didn't to the Fremont Street Experience in the heart of Vegas...
18. ...so on Saturday night, we headed out to see the largest LED screen in the world 90' above the 5 block strip.
19. Joanne McMillen & Joachim Pomy counting the 12 million lights & listening to the 0.5 Megawatt of concert quality sound...
20. ...while Roger enjoys a Mexican beer surrounded by US flags! A different show, on the hour, every evening.
21. Bitten earlier by the Hummer bug, it was time to move up to an H1, so...
22. ...we booked a Hummer trip to Red Rock Canyon, about 15 miles west of Vegas, on Sunday morning.
23. Roger, Joachim & Joanne taking a break from the Strip.
24. Joachim looks right at home behind the wheel, but hey don't push Joanne off that cliff!! No wonder you donít have a license;-)
25. For lunch we did something a little different & went to the Star Trek restaurant in the Hilton (where Elvis used to play).
26. The food & drink were a little different as you can tell from the beer samplers. Oh yeah, Joanne even found a real Ferengi!
27. Wednesday was our semi-annual awards night, with the TR-41 chair Steve Whitesell (VTech) running the show.
28. Cliff Chamney (Sprint Local) & Bob Bell (Cisco) were honored in absentia for their many years of service.
29. James Bress (AST Laboratories) received an award for editing TIA-470.320-C. Don McKinnon helps out in the background.
30. Roger Britt (Nortel) received an award for editing TIA-810-B. Unfortunately, Greg Slingerland & Ken Macdonald couldn't make it.
31. At the last meeting, Joachim's luggage got lost in Newark, so he was presented with a special travel award. Next slide please.
32. The end!